Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Sniffing 801.11 packets

From: "Ow Mun Heng" <ow.mun.heng@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:09:20 +0800
RH9
Ethereal 0.9.15
Linux 2.4.23

Having some issues with sniffing 802.11 networks. Currently I do not see
any traffic other than my own.

I'm not sure if it's because the AP is acting as a switch or a hub.
Prior to this, like a month back, I was able to sniff traffic going
through the AP.

Since this is wifi, I was thinking that all traffic would still be
sniff'able as the traffic's going through the air and not cables into the
AP.
so, switch or hub, it doesn't really matter. So... what gives?

I've tried this numerous times, but still nothing gets logged.

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate