Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.10.0a

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:34:23 -0800

On Dec 18, 2003, at 6:29 AM, Boris Vercher NETCENTREX wrote:

So I decide to us ethereal under linux, so I compiled the source for a Red Hat 6.3
create an RPM

And after the installation , I saw in the protocol list that it lacks MEGACO - MGCP

Does it also lack ACN, ARTNET, ASN1, DOCSIS and various protocols with names starting with DOCSIS, ENTTEC, GIOP, COSEVENTCOMM, COSNAMING, Gryphon, LWRES, PCLI, RDM, and RTNET?

If so, your RPM doesn't include any of the plugins; you need to change it to include the plugins. (I know nothing about building RPMs, so I can't help you with that.)