Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Trouble installing on RH9, ver 10a

From: "Gary Birnhak" <birnhak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:01:32 -0500
Hello list!

I am trying to install 10a on Red Hat 9.  Went to:

ftp://ftp.ethereal.com/pub/ethereal/rpms/

and saw a bunch of packages.  Tried "ethereal-base",
but rpm said that I need ucd-smnp.  ???  I won't be dissecting
any snmp so I then tried "ethereal-base-no-snmp", which
seemed to install, except can't find the ethereal program
file.

Is there a FAQ on this list of packages?  Which ones will
I need?  I will only be looking at pcap files and I need
a new feature that was included in 10(a).

Please advise.

Thanks,
Gary Birnhak
Ulticom