Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Error

From: "Nesmith, Kevin (US - Chicago)" <knesmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:59:34 -0600
Title: Message
I am getting an error when capturing packets in promiscuous mode. The capture screen keeps showing captured packets but ethereal aborts with the following message:

Glib-ERROR **:gmem,c140;fail to allocate 4294967293 bytes aborting

Runtime Error
Program:C:\program Files\Ethereal\ethereal.exe

I am running under XP and have captured packets for the last two weeks in promiscuous mode successfully. I'm using dedicated laptops and have not made any changes. I also loaded the same version 0.9.16 on another laptop and got the same error. I am capturing from a network segment which was successful a week ago. I don't know why it is aborting now. Can you advise.

Kevin J. Nesmith
Senior Manager
Security Services Group
Deloitte & Touche
Off: 312-946-2295
Cell: 312-296-2506

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.