Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] tethereal and data

From: Nosnos <nosnos94@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:07:55 +0000
>> I want ot know if there is a way that tethereal do not capture (and
>> dump when -V option is activate) the data when this is a data packet ?

> What is a "data packet"?  Without a precise definition of "data packet",
> we can't say whether there's a way to get Tethereal not to capture one.

Sorry, this problem has no more importance now

>> This real problem is not that we can't have the entire url, but in
>> these case, even the HTTP Version and the CRLF is truncated ....  so it
>> causes lot of problem for my parser ....

> That's probably because the request or response doesn't fit in one
> segment.

Not ever.

look at that :
%%%%%%%% BEGIN DUMP %%%%%%%%%%

Hypertext Transfer Protocol
    GET /search?q=totototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototototot
        Request Method: GET
    Host: www.google.fr\r\n
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate\r\n
    Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7\r\n
    Keep-Alive: 300\r\n
    Connection: keep-alive\r\n
    Referer: http://www.google.fr/\r\n
    Cookie: PREF=ID=19a51566e3ac40bb:LD=fr:TM=1067854103:LM=1067854103:S=rZg9BcxUGZX1ssCO\r\n
    \r\n

the entire request fit in the segment, but  "HTTP/1.1 \r\n" and the end of the url are troncated.

> Then start up Ethereal, select "Preferences" from the "Edit" menu, open
> up the "Protocols" list in the Preferences dialog, select "HTTP", turn
> on the "Desegment all HTTP headers spanning multiple TCP segments"
> option", click "Save", and click "OK".

What is this option ("Desegment all HTTP headers spanning multiple TCP segments") suppose to do ? I have active it, make a capture with ethereal, request for a google page with a very long request, but the request is still spanning in 2 segments ....
Maybe i have forgotten something ?

++