Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] tcpdump vs ethereal

From: "darren" <teodarren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:34:13 +0800
Hi,

Can the problem with the dropped frames be due to poor storage performance?

I was wondering if one can achieve what NAI's Infinistream does by coupling
a nice server pc (2 x Xeons 3GHz with 4 GB ram) with a NetApp or EMC NAS
solution for better I/O performance. Infinistream is afterall using only a
RAID5 config.

Any comments?