Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal crushes my PC

From: Ivica Jovanovski <jovanovski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:37:49 +0100
Hello ...

I am trying to make my Ethereal running ...
On sturtup I get this window:(find the attached item .jpg)

 <<Ethereal startup-failure message.jpg>>

This window can not be closed without closing the GUI of the Ethereal.
So I just ignore the context...
I can make all the filters and so but As soon As I hit the capture button,
my Win 98 is frozen.
Sometimes CTRL+ALT+DELETE helps, sometimes complete switch off of the PC is
required!!!
Trying to run the preferences ends up with the same effect - restart of the
PC!!!

Can you please help me? I have to mention I am a complete novice in
instaling the Ethereal but I have tried to follow the instalation procedure
(winPcap then Ethereal)
I know quite well how to use it after it is running!

Ivica Jovanovski
Research & Development Center
ITS Telecommunication Systems
ISKRATEL & Others Ltd.