Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] the protocol supported by 0.9.15

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:17:38 -0700

On Oct 24, 2003, at 6:59 PM, Edong wrote:

Hi, I’m using Ethereal 0.9.15, but it seems thatWAP(WSP/WTP) is not supported,

"Not supported" in what sense? It should decode WSP-over-UDP to or from UDP port 9200 and 2948, and WTP-over-UDP to or from UDP port 9201, and WTLS-WSP-over-UDP to or from UDP ports 9202 and 2949, and WTLS-WTP-over-UDP to or from UDP port 9203, as well as WSP-over-SMPP and WTP-over-SMPP. Is it not doing that?

 and I can’t find WAP when selecting “decode as…” menu.

WAP is a family of protocols, not a protocol itself. Look for WSP, WTLS, or WTP instead, if you've selected a UDP packet.