Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Unkown protocol - WTAP_ENCAP = 1???

From: "jim car" <macosxwhatelse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:35:52 -0700
Hope someone can help.

I installed WinPcap and Ethereal on a NT4 machine and verified that it was working correctly. However, another person was using Ethereal and an error came up. Unfortunately, I don't know what the error was since he didn't read it and just entered thru the pop-ups. Since then ethereal is reporting the protocol as unknown and info as wtap_encap=1. This machine has nothing running on it except ethereal.

I tried viewing a tcpdump from several days ago that I know was good and it comes out the same way. I also tried reinstalling both winpcap and ethereal, but there was no change.

Thanks,

Jim

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com