Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Empty msisdn GPRS message crashes Ethereal

From: Mário Santiago Batista <mario.batista@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:37:45 +0100
Title: Empty msisdn GPRS message crashes Ethereal

Hello!

I would like to report a bug that I have in ethereal when I read a capture file with GPRS messages.

I think the problem is triggered by a gtpv0 message that has an empty msisdn. This happens also in the last version (0.9.15).

Ethereal produces a core dump after decoding some packets.

When decoding the msisdn field it doesn't read, in the gtpv0.message == 0x11 (Create PDP Request), the size of the MSISDN correctly.

The values in the field are in hex 86:01:00, where 0x86 means msisdn field, 01 is the size of the MSISDN and 0 is the value of msisdn.

The msisdn field is mandatory, but this is a wrong packet that crashes Ethereal.
In attach I send the protocol specifications.

Best regards,

Mario Batista

<<Norma GTPv0 ts_101347v070900p.pdf>>