Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] capture interface, administrator

From: "Ryan Rodden" <rrodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:05:49 -0400
I use the ethereal with winpcap 3.01 alpha on my XP Pro box as administrator
and my interface is detected automatically and displayed in my capture
options interface tab.  Works fine as admin.  Then I can log in as "user"
not in Administrator's group and the interface is in the same tab.
However, if I start from a fresh boot on the unit, and don't open ethereal
first as administrator, when I access the capture options as a regular user,
the interface is not detected, and cannot be found.
Is this a windows fault, or just a simple configuration overlook on my part?
windows! ahhh...

RRodden
Network Engineer
Packetworks Inc.