Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] count the number of packets

From: Suhail Hussain <suhail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:35:00 -0700
Hello people,
I am a newbie to Ethereal and I need a little help. I wanted to know if there is
a way to capture the NUMBER of packets leaving a host machine. Does Ethereal do
this for us or do we have to make modifications to its source code.
I would like to do this to use the this of number packets as a metric to maybe
use it as a prevention againts DoS attacks.
Any suggestions and useful links truly appreciated.
Thanks.
suhail.