Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Captured File query for Windump

From: "Munshi, Shahid K. (Manpower Contract)" <shahid.k.munshi@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:03:19 -0500
I am trying to redirect captured packets to output file using python popen process on Windows.

i.e..
import sys,os
import win32pipe
p = win32pipe.popen("windump -ttnl -B 8000 < Test_File")

after waiting for sometime (i.e. 120 Seconds), I kill the process using;

killProcName('windump')   # This is Windows process kill

after that I am trying to close the pipe opened by popen() like this

p.close()

When I opened Test_File, It does not captured all packets. some packets are missing.

If I use windump without python , from command line It looks like it is redirecting all packets in output file.

Anybody explain me why?

Shahid