Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capturing cisco ata186 traffic

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:04:10 -0700

On Oct 8, 2003, at 6:25 AM, Mat Ford wrote:

I'm trying to us ethereal to capture traffic from my Cisco ATA186 VoIP
adapter but ethereal seems unable to see any of the traffic.

Is Ethereal running on a machine to which all of the traffic is going, or is some of it traffic going neither to nor from the machine running Ethereal?

If some of it is traffic going neither to nor from the machine running Ethereal ("third-party" traffic), then see:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.1

(which I suspect might be the most frequently asked question about traffic capture - and not just on the ethereal-users mailing list; as I remember, I've seen something in either NAI Sniffer or Etherpeek documentation about the same issue).