Ethereal-users: Re: Re: [Ethereal-users] Issue with decode of H.245 UserInputIndication -Malform

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:32:52 +0200
Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> Can you provide a capture showing the problem with the decode?
>

> > Trying out the new H.245 support in Ethereal 0.9.15 and may have found an
> > issue with the decoding of H.245 UserInputIndication messages (UII).  The
> > decode reports a malformed packet:
> >
> > H.245
> >     MultimediaSystemControlMessage
> >         PDU Type: .11. .... : Indication (3)
> >             IndicationMessage
> >                 Indication Type: .... 1101 : UserInputIndication (13)
> >                     UserInputIndication
> >                         signal
> >                             UserInputIndication_signal
> > [Malformed Packet: H245]
> >
> > I believe the packet is correctly formed because the UII is successfully
> > decoded by the far end gateway.

Yes there is a problem with Signal. Signal element is always an IA5 String with length 1, not a variable length. There is a fault in h245.c.

I can send a sample capture later on. I cannot find the capture right now.

I sent a patch for solving this and some other issues a couple of weeks ago. Andreas Sikkema didn't have time to look at it at that time.

Some part of my patch is not needed anymore, due to changes done by someone else (regarding NonStandardData).

I'm out travelling right now, so I haven't been able to look more into the IA5String stuff that I tried to patch also with my patch.