Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Lost packets

From: John Graves <jh.graves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:34:18 -0400
The hub is a small 5 port 10/100 hub (or at least it's labeled that). Both the router port and the VoIP gateway port are running at 100 M. Because this is a second IP port on the router, I am isolated from the LAN and do not see the broadcast junk I do see when I go into the switch driving the LAN.

Thanks for the tip on using the tools.  I will look into that.

John Graves

 At 03:04 AM 10/3/03, you wrote:

> From: David Kuder [mailto:david.kuder@xxxxxxxxxx]
> About the only thing missing is pulling the
> G.711 payload out of the RTP as an audio stream (aka tapping a
> call).

(From memory)

Tools / Statistics / RTP analysis will do that for you.

> You sure you have a hub?  If you see traffic in the capture but it's
> all ARP and microsoft babble you are probably only seeing broadcast
> traffic.

The OP might have a 10/100 shitching hub with his machine and the other machines running on a different Ethernet speed.