Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Network congestion simulation

From: Loïc Minier <lool+ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:10:01 +0200
 Ethereal, for some protocols, exposes some stats concerning the
 round-trip-time or the jitter in the transmission times.
   I was wondering if someone knew a tool to generate such network
 congestions. For example, I'd like to simulate a GPRS-handover which
 should drop some packets during the handover and delay the first
 packets of the new connection.

 I thought of using a linux-bridge to simulate by script such jitters in
 packet delivery and some random drops, but it won't be accurate and I'd
 better use an existing well-designed tool.

   Any thoughts ?

--
Lo�c Minier <lool@xxxxxxxx>