Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] PPP packets capturing on Win 2000 - still no solution ?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:45:48 -0700

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 3:36 AM, Beerman wrote:

I wonder is there a solution for capturing packets from PPP interfaces
(like GPRS modems in my case) on Windows 2000 machines ?

None that I know of. Note that Ethereal *does* rely on normal packet drivers (the last thing *I* want is to be responsible for low-level packet-capture code in Windows kernels - I'm glad that I can leave that up to the WinPcap people), so any solution to this will have to come from the WinPcap developers (and if somebody does come up with a solution, it should go into WinPcap, not Ethereal, so that *all* WinPcap-based applications can benefit, not just Ethereal).