Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] "bytes captured" versus "bytes on wire"

Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 9:26:14 +0200
Hi,

I have got some captures where I noticed that a few of the UDP packets had the "bytes on wire" set to the right value, but
the "bytes captured" was one byte less.
All these UDP packets should have the same length.

For all other packets (99.999.. %) the value for "bytes captured" was the same as "bytes on wire" and with the correct value.

Why do I get this behaviour?
I don't know so much about how the capturing was done yet.