Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] SNA SAPs recognised by Ethereal- how to config?

From: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 08:12:09 -0500
Title: SNA SAPs recognised by Ethereal- how to config?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to configure Ethereal to recognise a SAP of some other multiple of 04 as SNA data also? It is NOT a hard and fast rule that SAP 04 is the only one used for SNA data. Its true that SAP 04 is the most standard SNA SAP, but numerous vendors use other SAPs (that are a multiple of 04) for SNA data. We have a situation where we have SNA data on SAP 08, 0C, etcbut Ethereal tries to format the data as IPX or some other protocol.

Thanx in advance,

Pete

Pete Kronberg

Senior Support Analyst-Datacommunications

HP Global Customer Support

802-885-7020