Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] building static ethereal on 9.0.14

From: "S. Faizi" <salfaizi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:57:04 -0700
From: "Joerg Mayer" <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bai, Yan (Bryan)" <baiyan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 6:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-users] building static ethereal on 9.0.14

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 09:34:35AM +0800, Bai, Yan (Bryan) wrote:
> I tried below methods but all failed to build static ethereal, when I use
> the ethereal it
> always complain that the lib not found.

Which lib ist missing? Can you please paste a log. Can you also please send
the
output of "ldd ethereal"?

  Ciao
         Jï¿œrg

---------------

When I tried building ethereal 0.9.13 with static option, I still had to
include the following in LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

artnet.so
coseventcomm.la
coseventcomm.so
cosnaming.la