Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal hanging in Windows XP.

From: "John - Great Catmando" <myxlflik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:39:48 +0000
We have noticed a problem with Ethereal versions later than 0.9.12. It seems to hang indefinitely and send CPU utilization to 100% after stopping a capture that ran longer than 30 seconds. Name resolution is turned off so I know that is not a problem. 0.9.13 and later versions exhibit this behavior. We have demonstrated this problem on multiple systems. All systems are running Windows XP SP1 that have exhibited this behavior. Any ideas as to the cause of this problem?

Thanks,
John