Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Convert Cisco IOS debug packet dumps and showbuffer dump

From: James Mastros <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:32:42 +0200
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:12:41 -0400, Joshua Wright <Joshua.Wright@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe you aren't able to convert this packet with text2pcap since there is no Ethernet link-type, only embedded IP Protocol shown. I'm not positive about this though, perhaps someone else can chime in here.
text2pcap will generate a fake ethernet header (IE take in IP dumps, rather then ethernet dumps) if you give it the -e l3pid option. (where l3pid appears
to be one of the ETHERTYPE_* constants defined in etypes.h, here 0x0800.)

	-=-James Mastros