Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] W2K Laptop

From: "Mark Holloway" <mholloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:22:21 -0700
What kind of nic?

-----Original Message-----
From: nugrange [mailto:nugrange@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 11:08 AM
To: ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ethereal-users] W2K Laptop

Dear List,

I have just upgraded my laptop to Win2000 (my first exposure to this
OS) and when I try to start a ethereal capture, I see no network
adaptors in the pull-down menu.

I thought, at first, that it was because the OS came up without
registering the PCMCIA network adaptor, so I stopped and then
restarted the card.  However, I find that it is working right from the
boot-up.

Does anyone have a troubleshooting scenario that I can use to
diagnose, and then fix, this problem?

Thanks,
  Steve