Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Interpreting TcpTrace graph

From: "BUYCK Jacky FTRD/DMI/CAE" <jacky.buyck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:27:19 +0200
Hi all.
	I use ethereal to see problem that can occur on a network - problem in term of duplicate packet, reject, ....
	I've some questions about ethereal advanced tools :
		- is there a way to automaticaly detect duplicate packet in a capture ? The heaven method will be to have the ability to color duplicate packet to easily detect them in the all dump. For me this kind of packet don't apper in normal circumstance but in a switched network that can appear (when STP failed for exemple) ;
		- how tcptrace can be interpret ? I've build the tcptrace graph associated to a dump file and I need to determine if this graph present problem. Is there any text presenting this ?

	I'll try to setup some web pages to present points that can be usefull with tcpdump/ethereal/libpcap soon. I think that I'll integrate these points and future one in these pages and give you the pointer to it as soon as it will be available.

In all case have a nice day.
JB