Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Help

From: "Ameet Kumar" <ameetkumar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:52:54 +0500
Hello

Let solve my few complications,

Q=1----- I am window XP user and I have installed first winpcap 3.01 and then ethereal 0.9.1.3. Do I need to compilel GTK and GLIB before installing ethereal or it comes in the binary packages of ethereal 0.9.1.3. I think they are included in the binary packages. If i need to compile then plz tell me how, with details. Plz make me sure this things.

Q=2----When I installed ethereal and typed at dos prompt "ethereal -v" the following output comes

"Ethereal 0.9.13
Compiled with GTK+ 1.3.0, with GLib 1.3.2, with libpcap (version unknown), with
libz 1.1.4,
with Net-SNMP 5.0.6, with ADNS
Running on Windows XP, build 2600
Press any key to exit"

In the above output why it is libpcap with unkown version, though I have installed the winpcap.

Q=3------How can I capture packets through modem when I am connected directly to ISP through modem, do I need to change my XP window, winpcap or ethereal version for live capturing of packets.

In the "capture option window" of ethereal the interface it showing, is my NIC Adapter. How it can show my modem as interface.

I looking for kind reply.