Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] searching for pattern in packets

From: "darren" <teodarren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:22:46 +0800
Hi all,

Thanx for all your suggestions.

I have tried Martin's solution of the 'frame ' option, and found 9it to
be very simple to use. However, it can be quite time consuming and may
drop packets during a live capture > 15Mbps.

So, I wrote a simple pcap program to just do a string compare with the
supplied target pattern and the data at a user-input location in the
packet.