Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] driver for cisco aironet340

From: Espen Sagen <eeidesag@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:30:13 +0100
Klemens Jaeger wrote:

hi everybody!
I use Ethereal for Windows and I want to sniff with a Cisco Aironet340 Adapter, but nothing happend. Have somebody an idea where I can get the right driver for the adapter to use Ethereal? thanks,
kle

I managed to work around this by downloading a demo of the Airopeek NX wlan sniffer from Wildpackets (www.wildpackets.com), and installed the packaged driver for the Cisco Aironet 340 adapter. With this driver installed WinPcap/Ethereal will manage to capture packets from the adapter.

Notice that traffic will only be displayed as a normal ethernet segment, no 802.11 beacon, mngmt or other signaling packets are displayed. If you need this as well, I guess your solution would be to run Linux...

regards,
Espen