Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Trying to get Ethereal to work on Linux Mandrake

From: "Robert Casto" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:14:24 -0500
I am trying to get Ethereal working under Linux Mandrake 9.0 I have
downloaded the package and tried to install but it fails stating that I
need libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.3). I try installing glibc-2.3.1 but it
complains of dependency problems. I keep trying but I can not get it to
stop. I installed glibc-2.2 and it installed a version of libc.so.6 but
Ethereal will not recognize it. Any idea what files I need to install to
get this working? I already have libpcap installed.

Robert Casto
Tel (513) 755-2221
Cell (513) 349-5282
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx