Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal on Windows XP

From: "Thomas Wagner" <wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:31:35 -0800
Title: Message
Has anyone had success getting Ethereal 0.9.8 working under Windows XP?  I've installed the latest WinPcap (3.0).

The problem seems to be specifying the Interface. I've tried several numeric ports as well as the description of the Network card (e.g., 3Com 3C918 integrated...).

The error message indicates;
" The capture session could not be initiated  (Error opening adapter: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.).

Thanks

Thomas Wagner
University of Washington
(206) 685-1627