Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Silly Searching Question

From: Bob Eby <BobE@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:04:40 -0800
Title: Silly Searching Question

I must be a real moron...  But I can't figure out how to search for data inside of a packet using Ethereal.  I can specify exact matches at any position in a packet, but don't seem to be able to specify anything more "fuzzy".  In fact, one guy I know who used Ethereal ended up outputing whole captures to text file just so he could search the data in a text editor.

So, am I missing something or is this just a painfully missing feature?

-Bob
beby@xxxxxxxxxxxx