Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] how to test SErial port communication in Ethereal (MPLSCP)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:31:08 -0800
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 12:32:56PM +0500, pathma@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> i tested my MPLS kernel functionality using the MPLS -filter options.
> what are the available options in ethereal for PPPD testing....

The only option I know of is to enable the "record" option for PPPD,
save all the PPP traffic going through PPPD to a file, and read that
file in Ethereal.  Linux does a really crappy job of making PPP control
traffic available to PF_PACKET sockets - i.e., it doesn't make it
available to PF_PACKET sockets - so programs such as tcpdump and
Ethereal, which use libpcap to capture packets and thus use PF_PACKET
sockets on Linux 2.2 and later kernels, can't see that traffic.