Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problem compiling 0.9.7

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:18:40 -0800
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:58:07PM +0000, Geoff wrote:
> wiretap/libwiretap.a(vms.o): In function `vms_check_file_type':
> /usr/src/ethereal-0.9.7/wiretap/vms.c:159: undefined reference to
> `gzgets'

If it didn't find zlib, it shouldn't be compiling in any code that uses
it, but it's compiling in that code, so there's something bizarre going
on.

Go to the top-level directory, run "make distclean", run the configure
script *and save the output of the script*, and then send us both the
output of the script and the contents of the "config.log" file.  We'd
need that information to figure out what's going on.