Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re-assembling half duplex streams

From: Chris Rapier <rapier@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:14:05 -0500
I might be in a somewhat odd situation but maybe someone out there has already done this.

I built a GigE monitoring box that we use to keep track of our commodity connectivity. I did this using optical splitters and diverting some of the light to the recieve ports on one of two GigE cards in the monitor. I'm able to capture traffic reasonably well but I'm obviously limited in that the dumps are unidirectional. What I'd like to do is have a tool that will merge the two half duplex dumps into a full duplex one.

Can ethereal do anything like this? Would I need to sync the GigE clocks to an external source?