Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] RE: Problem in compiling ethereal9.7 on HP-U X

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:28:35 -0800
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:47:52AM +0530, Mudium, Ravi Kumar (Ravi) wrote:
> Hi Guy Harris
> Thank you . This unresolved symbol is solved by replacing htonl by g_htonl.
> I am curious to know how could you trace the problem to this point.
> But I have another problem as printed below.
>
> usr/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>    proto_register_bacapp (code)
>    proto_register_q2931 (code)
>    proto_reg_handoff_bacapp (code)

Apparently, the proto-bacapp.c and proto-q2931.c source files aren't
being compiled and linked into the object file.

Given that they *are* part of the Ethereal 0.9.7 tarball, and *are*
mentioned in Makefile.am, and that people *have* successfully built
Ethereal, I have no idea why this is happening.  You'll have to figure
that one out entirely by yourself unless somebody else can figure out
why it's happening.