Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] building on Mac OS X 10.2

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:39:56 +0200
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 06:58:32PM -0400, Yuen-Jong Liu wrote:
> I'm trying to run ./configure on Mac OS X 10.2, but it keeps failing when
> it tries to check for net/bpf.h.  I've compiled and installed GTK+, Glib,
> and libpcap successfully, and bpf.h is located in both /usr/include/net
> and /usr/local/include/net but ./configure doesn't find either.
>
> Does anyone know how I can get around this problem?

This is a known problem (the release was created with an old version
auf autoconf) and will be fixed with the next release. In the
meantime, please download a fixed archive from the following URL:
http://www-agrw.informatik.uni-kl.de/home/jmayer/ethereal-0.9.6.tar.gz

  Ciao
       Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know