Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bugs in README.developer

From: Richard Urwin <RUrwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:53:17 +0100
I'm writing my first dissector, and therefore using the skeleton code in
README.developer, something which I imagine everyone does exactly once.

There are a couple of minor problems in this code:

1. The text does not mention the PROTOSHORTNAME placeholder
2. The line:
		proto_tree_add_uint(tree, hf_PROTOABBREV_FIELDABBREV, tvb,
offset, len, value)
   Should read:
		proto_tree_add_uint(ti, hf_PROTOABBREV_FIELDABBREV, tvb,
offset, len, value)
   (ie the field should be added to the subtree for this protocol, not to
the top level.)

I'm posting this to ~users because I don't subscribe to ~dev.
--
Richard Urwin, Software Design Engineer
Schenck Test Automation