Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Building Ethereal 0.9.4 on FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

From: "Aron Silverton" <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:32:49 -0500
Hello again,

I am trying to build Ethereal 0.9.4 on a FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE system with Gnome 2. I had 0.9.3 working from the ports collection, but I am rebuilding to use libpcap 0.7.1. I have built libpcap and it is sitting in /usr/local/lib.

When running configure for Ethereal, the first problem is that it complained about glib-config which I don't have. I did a %s/glib-config/glib12-config on the configure script and that problem went away.

Now when I run configure, I can't get it to build Ethereal. It builds everything else. I've tried the command line flag --enable-ethereal and it still does not work. Any suggestions?

For what it's worth, I am also using --with-pcap=/usr/local/lib and my make.conf has WITH_GTK=yes.

Thanks,

Aron