Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Does H.323 plugin make only the incoming H.225 messages visible

From: Daniel Ostojic <dostojic@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:21:26 +0200
Hallo everybody

I've installed the H.323 in 9.03 version of the ethereal. Capturing the TCP packets is possible in both directions. That's to say I see the sequence SYN,SYN ACK,ACK. However trying to capture H.225 messages is a bit of a trouble. I only can see the incoming messages. That's to say I'm able to see the SETUP message only if I'm the receiver(called party). The messages I'm missing are the messages sent by myself as a reply (ALERTING and CONNECT). This behaviour remains the same in both modes: promiscuos and not-promiscuos. I'm working with Windows 2000.

Has anybody got an idea of what the problem might be?

--
 _  _ ___ ___  Daniel Ostojic
|_||_|___/_|_\ dostojic@xxxxxx, http://www.hsr.ch/