Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Build Issues for 0.9.4 and net-snmp 5.0.1

From: Scott Fringer <fringsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:13:08 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,
  I've attempted to build the latest release of Ethereal and include the
SNMP stuff from net-snmp 5.0.1 (which built fine, installed fine and runs
fine) on Solaris 7.  However, during the configure process I am greeted
with:

checking whether to use UCD SNMP/NET-SNMP library if available... yes
checking for ucd-snmp/snmp.h... no
configure: error: Header file ucd-snmp/snmp.h not found.

If I look in /usr/local/include I do in fact have a ucd-snmp/snmp.h.

I have attempted the configure with simply --with-ucdsnmp as well as
variations on supplying the path (i.e. --with-ucdsnmp=/usr/local or
/usr/local/include, etc.)

I found nothing in the FAQ regarding this issue.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to get things to configure?

Thanks,
 Scott

Scott Fringer                              Shands Healthcare @ U.F.
Network Systems Analyst                        Gainesville, FL