Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal under HTTP, can't see attachments or related HTTP atta

From: Eddie Luc <eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:52:18 +1000
Hi all,

    Hope someone can help.

    This is in regards to viewing the file attachments associated with a
html page via ethereal.. the Attachments do seem to be there.

    I performs a snoop between 2 unix boxes to test what I can get from
ethereal.

1    ie.  snoop -o apache.snoop aHost bHost

2    Then on aHost I launch a browser to view the following url
    http://bHost

    bHost has apache installed on it.
    As a result I got the standard apache page some like

It Worked! The Apache Web Server is Installed on this Web Site!

If you can see this page, then the people who own this domain have just
installed the Apache Web server software successfully. They
now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder
page, or else point the server at their real content.

       If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected,
please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try
       sending mail to <Webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is
running the Apache software it almost certainly has no
       other connection to the Apache Group, so please do not send mail
about this site or its contents to the Apache authors.
       If you do, your message will be ignored.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

The Webmaster of this site is free to use the image below on an
Apache-powered Web server. Thanks for using Apache!

                                        < apache_pb.gif >

    Once te trace was over, I used ethereal to open up the snoop file
apache.snoop.

    I could quite easy see the HTML/HTTP protocol stuff. But I could NOT
see the attachment apache_pb.gif or the http protocol headers related to
sending that attachment coming from the server as expected.

    There were a few other TCP ACK ocurring, but it originated from the
browser not the server.

    Thanks in advance.

--
cheers