Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Info for Novell NCP over IP Watchdog decode

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:24:11 -0700
On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:19:40PM +0200, Lieb Peter wrote:
> a few days ago I sniffered ncp packets, which ethereal could not decode.
> After looking at different analyzers I found Novell Lanalyzer with the
> newest patch, which can decode this packets. Here are my infos perhaps for
> the next version of ncp over ip packet decode.

There were two problems:

	1) the NCP dissector assumed that NCP-over-UDP had the same
	   extra header that NCP-over-TCP does - that appears not to be
	   the case, given LANalyzer's dissection;

	2) the NCP dissector wasn't dissecting watchdog packets.

I've checked in changes to fix both of those.

Were there any NCP packets *other* than watchdog packets that Ethereal
didn't decode correctly?  (Other than burst mode packets, for which I've
checked in support, and particular 0x2222 NCP requests or or 0x3333 NCP
replies, for which Gilbert's checked in a pile of changes he and
somebody at Novell have worked on.)