Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Bogus IP header length

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 02:28:24 +1000
I would belive that most/all implementations of the firmaware for 802.11b
cards produced today have
a patch that excludes it from ever using the (relatively rare) initial
vectors which have been
shown to be weak.
So, AirSnort will probably not work anymore, in general.

What you need now is a tool that  implements an active attack as described
by the relevant research papers so you can break the encryption key that
way.
I am not aware of any tools implementing an active attack. There are
practical problems with the active attacks described in the papers.