Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] 0.9.3:Display Filters Not Working

From: Scott Fringer <fringsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:27:53 -0500 (EST)
Hello,
  I recently upgraded from Ethereal 0.9.2 to 0.9.3 running on Solaris 7
with libpcap 0.7.1 and zlib 1.1.4.
  When I attempt to use a nondiscretionary port filter (tcp.port != xxx),
it does not get applied.  However, if I build the filter using both
tcp.srcport != xxx and tcp.dstport != xxx it works fine.
  I noted the same behavior with ip.addr != xxx not filtering as expected
but using ip.src != xxx and ip.dst != xxx works.
  Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
 Scott

Scott Fringer                              Shands Healthcare @ U.F.
Network Systems Analyst                        Gainesville, FL