Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Winpcap 2.3

From: "Richard Hirner" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:06:20 +0100
Hi,

I have  a strange problem with Ethereal 0.9.2 and this computer. A few days
ago my Winpcap 2.2 was corrupted due to external programs and uninstalled it.
However, I can't install it anymore, the setup (InstallShield) crashes. Now
Winpcap 2.3 is released where they use another installer because of the
problems InstallShield caused. The comination of Win2000 SP2, Winpcap 2.3,
and Ethereal 0.9.2 works fine on other computers, however, it doesn't on
mine. Winpcap itself seems to work, TestApp and a simple pcap_loop application
work. Do you have an advice?

Richard Hirner