Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Tethereal ring buffer not working

From: "Sea Sun Lee" <sslee@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:02:45 -0500
Host: Win2k
Ethereal 0.9.0

I installed the 0.9.0 windows package and winpcap and was attempting to take
a network capture for a script with the following command:

C:\Progra~1\Ethereal\tethereal -afilesize:500 -b2 -c65535 -Fnetmon2 -wc:\tes
t.cap

I can't seem to get the ring buffer feature to work. I played with all the
settings and the file just keeps growing beyond the size I set. Is there a
bug or am I doing something wrong? The capture seems ok to me though.

Sea Sun Lee
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
EMC�
where information lives