Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Anyway to capture the frame crc?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:44:36 -0800 (PST)
> Does Ethereal support a mode in which it can capture and display the
> ethernet crc32 bytes along with the ethernet frame itself.

Ethereal doesn't, in and of itself, support capture - it relies on
lower-level software in the OS (or, in the case of Windows, in the OS
and added to the OS) to support that.  Ethereal merely supports using
mechanisms of that sort.

As such, it's a question of whether the lower-level software in question
supports that; for most if not all platforms, the answer is, as far as I
know, "no", although if your OS is an open-source OS, somebody could, in
theory, at least for some network cards, possibly add support for that
(I know of nobody who's thinking of doing so, however).