Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Displaying data on screen is slow

From: Richard Urwin <RUrwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:54:31 -0000
> I've just discovered this software. I've tried it and I've discovered a
> small problem. It takes an awful lot of time to display captured data on
the
> screen.

The time is due to windows resolving the network names. If you switch off
network name resolution in the capture dialog it will be faster.

MAC names are all local, so they wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know what transport names are (anyone want to enlighten me?) but
they dont seem to be a problem on my system.

--
Richard Urwin, Software Design Engineer
Ricardo Test Automation