Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Wireless NIC cards that work with Linux

From: Joe Tomasone <joe@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:31:27 -0500
I can verify that the D-Link DWL-650, the SMC 2632W, and the Linksys WPC11 will all work. I have used them personally. I prefer the SMC, it seems to have better RF performance. The D-Link is (IMHO) pure junk.

Compaq has had a few cards out now... One is a Lucent (Orinono), the other is a D-Link. If it's the one that looks like the DWL-650, it will work, but the same caveat likely applies.

        - Joe