Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: I can help

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <rsahlber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:18:23 +1100
Hi Brian,

Nice of you to offer you help in ethereal.
If you want to contribute dissectors or functionality to ethereal and you
want someone to
assist you to get started you can mail me.
For implementation of dissectors, there are a few relatively common
protocols (with complete documentation available)
not yet implemented in ethereal.

Examples could be : some of the remaining YP protocols which are basically
cut-n-paste programming and would be a great start
to get involved in ethereal.
Other protocols, could be NDMP for which rpcgen definitions are available
and which also is a protocols which is
very similar to ONC RPC over TCP (but without the actual RPC header).
Perhaps you have other ideas of what you would want to develop for ethereal.

I can offer you someone to discuss with in email and review prototype code
with if you want to.

Nice to have you onboard.

Best regards
    ronnie sahlberg